These scripts were developed with the main purpose of simplifying bulk media file conversions on Mac. Each *.app file works standalone. For the Windows-compatible versions of these scripts, please see here.
There are currently 10 scripts for Mac:
- Batch FLV to AVI Remuxer v1: FLV_to_AVI.app
- Batch FLV to MP4-MKV Video Remuxer (With Auto Frame Rate Detector) v2: FLV_to_MP4-MKV_AutoFPS.app
- Batch MP4 to FLV Remuxer v1: MP4_to_FLV.app
- Batch MP4 Video to M4A Audio Remuxer v1: MP4_to_M4A.app
- Batch MP4 Video to MP4 Remuxer v1: MP4_to_MP4.app
- Batch MP4 to TS Remuxer v1: MP4_to_TS.app
- Batch TS to MP4 Remuxer v1: TS_to_MP4.sh
- Batch WEBM to OGG Audio Remuxer v1: WEBM_to_OGG.app
- RTMP Lossless Video Ripper v2.1: RTMP_FLVRip.app
- YouTube Best Quality Ripper v1: YouTubeBest.app
The purpose of each script should be self-explanatory from their titles. To run these scripts, simply double-click on them after you have adjusted the program folder settings in config.cfg.
NOTE: These scripts work only on Mac and have been tested on Mac OS 10.10.2.
2015-03-23: Major release v5
2014-08-15: Minor fixes v4.4
2014-06-24: Minor fixes v4.3
2014-03-08: Minor fixes v4.2
2014-02-11: Minor fixes v4.1
2014-02-04: Major release v4
2013-08-27: Major release v3
2012-05-17: Major release v2
2012-05-05: Major release v1
- The base installation folder is /Applications/BatchConvert; all batch files (*.app) are found in this folder
- All tools are stored in /Applications/BatchConvert/software.
- All bash scripts (*.sh) are stored in /Application/BatchConvert/scripts
- The source files are stored in /Users/Shared/convertfiles
- The temp files are stored in /Users/Shared/convertfiles/temp
- The output files are stored in /Users/Shared/convertfiles/dest
Should you wish to install the files elsewhere, make sure you modify config.cfg accordingly.
To install, unzip the files into the /Applications/BatchConvert.
If you discover any bugs, please contact me at @terra_zephead on Twitter.