2014-08-16 Summer Sonic 2014 (Queen + Adam Lambert)
|Date: August 16, 2014|
Event: Summer Sonic (Queen + Adam Lambert)
Venue: Ocean Stage, Maishima Sports Island
The first of two Queen + Adam Lambert headlining concerts in Japan for the dual-city Summer Sonic festival.
Torrential rain fell midway during the performance but did not put a dampener on things. The band performed a shortened (due to strict festival time limits) but intense set for a massive audience who were willing to get soaked to watch them play.
- With "In the Lap of the Gods… Revisited" absent from the usual setlist, "Seven Seas of Rhye" features a new, haunting introduction featuring Adam's vocals.
- "I Want It All" is not performed.
- Besides "I Was Born to Love You" performed similarly to the previous concert in Seoul, the setlist also includes the Japan-inspired "Teo Torriatte", sung by Brian, who accompanies himself on acoustic guitar.
- Brian takes a photo with the audience using his newly acquired Korean "selfie stick" during his solo segment.
- Adam does not do any costume changes for the duration of this concert.
- Now I'm Here
- Stone Cold Crazy
- Another One Bites the Dust
- Fat Bottomed Girls
- Seven Seas of Rhye
- Killer Queen
- Somebody to Love
- Teo Torriatte (Brian)*
- Love of My Life (Brian)*
- These Are the Days of Our Lives (Roger)*
- Under Pressure (Roger/Adam duet)
- Who Wants to Live Forever
- Radio Gaga
- I Was Born to Love You
- Crazy Little Thing Called Love
- Bohemian Rhapsody
- Encore: We Will Rock You
- Encore: We Are the Champions
*Adam does not perform these songs.
- Terra's YouTube Playlist
- @mmyy9's Video List
- Summer Sonic Osaka Official Live Report
- Asahi Shimbun: クイーンに若き歌声、亡きフレディも「出演」 サマソニ
- Complete concert audio from "Sundown Osaka" (excellent IEM + Audience audio): Direct Download Links for FLAC and 320kbps MP3 (password: teotoriau)  *NEW*
- Complete concert audio by Masahiko: Queenzone Torrent
- The set was limited to 1 hr 20 min.
- Source: Matrix of Adam's IEM audio with an excellent audience recording.
Lineage: Original CDR > EAC > shntool/Adobe Audition/CD Wave > FLAC Level 8
- Recorded on location by Masahiko (left side against the stage; relatively close to main speaker).
Lineage: Adphox BME-200 binaural microphones & earphone > TASCAM DR-07 MKII (WAV 96kHz/24-bit w/ 40Hz low cut filter) w/ Transcend 32GB microSDHC Class 10 Memory Card > PC via USB > Audacity (normalising, track splitting, fading) > Trader's Little Helper > FLAC Level 8