2014-08-17 Summer Sonic 2014 (Queen + Adam Lambert)
|Date: August 17, 2014|
Event: Summer Sonic (Queen + Adam Lambert)
Televised: Yes (Partial)
Venue: Marine Stage, QVC Marine Field
City: Chiba (Marketed as Tokyo)
The second of two Queen + Adam Lambert headlining concerts in Japan for the dual-city Summer Sonic festival. The concert was performed in front of an audience of approximately 50,000 at the QVC Marine Field (a.k.a. Chiba Marine Stadium).
- Like the previous Osaka concert, the setlist for this show is shortened to fit the festival's time constraints, but with differences: "In the Lap of the Gods… Revisited" and "I Want It All" reappear, replacing "Somebody to Love" and "Who Wants to Live Forever".
- Brian again takes another selfie with the audience during his solo segment.
- Unlike Osaka, Adam does his usual costume changes for this concert.
- At the end of the concert, fireworks go off as the "God Save the Queen" outros play in the background.
- Now I'm Here
- Stone Cold Crazy
- Another One Bites the Dust
- Fat Bottomed Girls
- In the Lap of the Gods… Revisited
- Seven Seas of Rhye
- Killer Queen
- I Want It All
- Teo Torriatte (Brian)*
- Love of My Life (Brian)*
- These Are the Days of Our Lives (Roger)*
- Under Pressure (Roger/Adam duet)
- I Was Born to Love You
- Radio Gaga
- Crazy Little Thing Called Love
- Bohemian Rhapsody
- Encore: We Will Rock You
- Encore: We Are the Champions
*Adam does not perform these songs.
- Terra's YouTube Playlist
- @mmyy9's Video List
- Summer Sonic Tokyo Official Photo Gallery
- Musicshelf: クイーン＋アダム・ランバート、来日公演成功
- The Japan Times: Old and new mingle sweetly at Summer Sonic
- Complete concert audio from "Once in this Lifetime" (excellent pro-quality IEM + Audience audio): Direct Download Links for FLAC and 320kbps MP3 (password: iwbtly)  *NEW*
- Concert audio recording by @InesFuchsia in 96kHz 24bit WAV | Listen
- Complete concert audio by Masahiko: Queenzone Torrent
- Multicam edit of concert by Mark Bowles (Marknow)
- HD1080p compilation of televised footage of the band at the airport, backstage and "We Are the Champions" snippet, aired on 16 and 17 August 2014 (6 Mbps MPEG-4 AVC with 192 kbps AAC)
- HD1080p televised footage of "Now I'm Here", "Stone Cold Crazy" and I Was Born to Love You", aired on 27 September 2014] (12 Mbps MPEG-4 AVC with 128 kbps AC3)
- Source: Musicshelf.
- Source: Matrix of Adam's IEM audio with an excellent audience recording.
Lineage: Original CD > EAC > CD Wave (to adjust track split points) > FLAC Level 8
- Recorded on location by Masahiko (left block of Marine Stage; relatively close to the main speaker).
Lineage: Adphox BME-200 binaural microphones & earphone > TASCAM DR-07 MKII (WAV 96kHz/24-bit w/ 40Hz low cut filter) w/ Transcend 32GB microSDHC Class 10 Memory Card > PC via USB > Audacity (normalising, track splitting, fading) > Trader's Little Helper > FLAC Level 8